Sergey Young is a longevity investor and visionary with a mission to extend the healthy lifespans of one billion people. To do that, Sergey founded Longevity Vision Fund to accelerate life extension technological breakthroughs and to make longevity affordable and accessible to all.
Sergey is on the Board of Directors of the American Federation of Aging Research (AFAR) and the Development Sponsor of AGE REVERSAL XPRIZE global competition designed to cure aging. Sergey is also a Top-100 Longevity Leader, who is transforming the world, one workplace at a time, with Longevity@Work – the first non-profit corporate longevity program of its kind.
Sergey Young has been featured as a top longevity expert and contributor on CNN, Fox News, and Forbes. As the author of books such as ‘The Science and Technology of Growing Young’. Sergey is passionate about sharing news from the exciting world of longevity
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Sticher, or on your favorite platform.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Sergey: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
NEW book: The Science and Technology of Growing Young: An Insider’s Guide to the Breakthroughs that Will Dramatically Extend Our Lifespan . . . and What You Can Do Right Now
Stream the audio here
Books Mentioned: I created a separate blog post Sergey Young — The Ultimate Book Recommendations on all the books he recommends in this interview.
Resource Mentioned: REINVENTING HOW WE TEACH OUR KIDS
- Tony Robbins
- Tim Ferriss
- Peter Diamondis
- Eckhart Tolle
- Jeff Bezos
- Greg Mckeown
- Jonathan Haidt
- James Clear
- Scott Galloway
- Matthew Walker
- William Li
Resources I found useful in the interview preparation:
- Recommended books
- How to think 10x Bigger
- I’m A Longevity Expert: Here Are My Nonnegotiables To Live To 200
- Longevity Revolution. 3 Signs The Environment Will Actually Help Us Live Longer
- Test Your Diet Longevity Score
- A longevity expert shares the diet, exercise and sleep rules he lives by for a longer, stronger life: These are ‘non-negotiable’
- LinkedIn: Longevity Revolution. 3 Signs The Environment Will Actually Help Us Live Longer
- Tell us about one of your doctor visits when you found the cholesterol problem. Could you share that story?
- Tell us about your new book The Science and Technology of Growing Young: An Insider’s Guide to the Breakthroughs that Will Dramatically Extend Our Lifespan . . . and What You Can Do Right Now Why did you write this book?
- I want to ask you about your career back in 2014. What were you working as at the time? What was your work occupation?
- Sleep routine
- What does your morning routine look like? What activities do you do in the morning?
- What kind of songs do you sing in your Vocal Yoga training?
- What kind of books do you recommend to people to achieve peace of mind?
- What does happiness mean to you? How do you define happiness for yourself and how do you strive to attain that level of peace of mind, calmness and happiness?
- At what point in your life you realize that you get to live in the power of now, not in the past or not in the future. Could you share any memorable story or instance from your life?
- Meditation practice. Who is your meditation teacher?
- Tony Robbins is a good friend of yours and everybody knows Tony Robbins, at least everybody has heard of him or listened to his audios and videos and read his books. How did you meet Tony Robbins?
- You consider Peter Diamondis as one of your role models. Why do you consider him as your role model?
- After reading that white paper from Peter Diamondis, REINVENTING HOW WE TEACH OUR KIDS, what kind of changes you observed in your life with your children? How has your parent child relationship changed?
- How do you define success now?
- Do you have rules or parameters to measure how many lives you are changing or impacting in a positive way?
- Moonshot thinking: When you think about complex problems, what mental frameworks do you have? You have a hundred million dollars longevity vision fund, and you have invested in different areas. You are always thinking 10x How do you think about complex problems, and when you face those challenges in going from 1 million to 1 billion, or in any situation to solve complex problem that hasn’t been solved yet. How do you go through that?
- What is your relationship with failure?
- What does Longevity Vision Fund do in the real world?
- What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their learning or carrer in investing, somebody who wants to be an investor?
- What is your relationship with mother nature?
- Any advice to your younger self?
- What changes people can make in their day-to-day life to live a longer quality life?
- 36 hours of intermittent fasting. How do you get energy when you’re fasting? What are the mental benefits of intermittent fasting?
- How should people approach your book The Science and Technology of Growing Young: An Insider’s Guide to the Breakthroughs that Will Dramatically Extend Our Lifespan . . . and What You Can Do Right Now ?
- What does Longevity mean?
- You have coached everyone from you housekeeping lady to billionaires, and you have gotten many amazing feedback from them. So could you share any one or two feedbacks that you have gotten from them that has improved their quality of your life?
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world-class experts to extract the practices, routines, and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any questions, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spam too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.