“We can’t always choose what happens to us, but we can take our personal power back and how we choose to respond”– Scarlett
Scarlett Lewis is the mother of Jesse Lewis who was killed in his first grade classroom during the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012 along with 19 classmates and 6 teachers and administrators in one of the worst school shootings in US history. She founded of The Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation in honor of Jesse and to spread a message he left on their kitchen chalkboard shortly before he died, Nurturing Healing Love, the formula for choosing love, and to promote social and emotional education in schools as well as a consistent message of compassion in our communities.
Scarlett is the recipient of the International Forgiveness Award, the Live Your Legacy Award and the Common Ground Award for her advocacy work for peace and forgiveness. When she became a parent for the first time, Scarlett wrote and published a children’s book, Rose’s Foal. Following Jesse’s death, Scarlett wrote, “Nurturing Healing Love”, a story about her journey of turning personal tragedy into something that can positively impact the world. An artist and avid horsewoman, Scarlett lives on a small horse farm in Connecticut with her son and animals.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or on your favorite platform
This podcast is brought to you by Friday Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Scarlett book: Nurturing, Healing, Love
Connect with Scarlett:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube
Stream the audio here
- How did you fall in love with the horses and living in a horse farm?
- How to start learning horse riding?
- Would do you say that being around the horses help you to stay calm, present and mindful?
- What is difficult in maintaining the passion of horse riding?
- How do you find the balance between being appreciative of what you already have versus striving for more and more in life?
- Learned an important lesson that switched her out of operating from fear to operating out of love and it’s made all of the difference
- Transitioning from a place of fear to passion
- Grieving the loss
- Taking responsibility and being part of the solution
- Forgiving the shooter in the school shooting
- There are reasons for every suffering
- Anti-bullying programs
- How to address the cause of the sufferings
- Taking your personal power back through forgiveness
- Gratitude can help you shift your lens of focus into a more positive place. You can only focus on one thought at a time
- How to practice gratitude
- Social and emotional intelligence learning for children
- What would you say to any parent who might’ve lost their son due to any tragedy?
- Thoughts on self-love and self-acceptance
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.