“You may control people physically by force, but you won’t change their hearts and minds—that requires trust and friendship”– Dalai Lama
Ruchika Sikri is the Head of Well Being Learning Programs and Strategy at Google. For over 20years, her daily meditation and yoga practice is grounded in increasing clarity in mind, purity in heart and sincerity in action. She believes these skills are increasingly needed to uplift humanity, build genuine connections and increase respect for our planet. Her goal is to bring secular and science based mindfulness and compassion learning to organizations and communities globally.
Ruchika has successfully architected several well-being and mindfulness programs for over120,000 employees at Google. She helped establish a self-sustaining culture where tens of thousands of Googlers regularly practice mindfulness for better well-being, healthier interpersonal relationships and sustainable high performance. She leads a passionate community of 350+ employees who volunteer their time to make this reach and impact possible at Google.
Outside of Google, Ruchika is a board member and advisor to several nonprofits that are involved in empowering women in shelters, supporting mental health of at-risk students and providing a safe home to orphaned children around the world. She is a mother to 2 loving kids and lives with her wonderful husband in Bay Area California.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Ruchika: LinkedIn
Stream the audio here
- Elisha Goldstein
- Dan Siegel
- Sharon Salzberg
- Victor Frankl
- Adam Coelho
- Nicholas Whitaker
- Jack Kornfield
- Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Joan Halifax
- Real Change: Mindfulness to Heal Ourselves and the World
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace)
- Living a life of meaning and purpose
- About her childhood and the positive influence of her grandmother
- How she started mindfulness practice
- Challenges from childhood
- Motivation to do well to become more financially secure
- Advice or any recommendation to somebody who is struggling right now or who may not know what is going to happen next
- Hidden lessons in the suffering of life
- On the philosophy of standing like a flagpole in the tough times
- Facing challenges in the beginning of starting a meditation practice
- Mediation is like the nectar you have to drink every day in order to really stay present with whatever may come and show up at day.
- Mediation practice
- Morning routine
- Conversations with children
- Validating others emotions
- Recognizing the full plate and taking responsibility
- Mindfulness adventure at Google
- Googlers would call her lavender
- G pause community at Google
- and much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.