Live in life. Not around it. Not beside it.– Maria Sirois
Maria Sirois is a master teacher, facilitator and author. She is devoted to the science of well-being and the art of crafting a life and a work that embodies health, passion and success. As a positive psychologist (Psy.D.) and consultant, she focuses on the resilience of the human spirit particularly when under chronic stress, during significant transitions, and/or feeling the shock of wholesale change. Known for her wisdom, authenticity and rampant humor, she brings a wealth of perspective from decades of study in the mind/body medicine and resilience disciplines.
Maria is the author of two books: A Short Course in Happiness After Loss (And Other Dark, Difficult Times) and Every Day Counts. Her home is in the Berkshire Mountains where she attempts on a daily basis to love her children well enough so that they too find a way to embrace the world with a grounded optimism and a sense of their own strengths. And on most days, she remembers to feed the cat.
- A Short Course in Happiness After Loss: (and Other Dark, Difficult Times)
- Every Day Counts: Lessons in Love, Faith, and Resilience From Children Facing Illness
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter
Connect with Maria:
Stream the audio here
- Morning routine
- Guided imagery meditation
- Recommendations to people who struggle with Meditation
- Victimhood experience of getting married early in life
- Practices to overcome victim mentality
- Awakening at the age of 29
- Open to the good within yourself and in life without denying or negating the bad
- Business impact due to pandemic
- Self care practices during pandemic
- Nine short reflections
- Courageous moment from a childhood
- Graceful transition from becoming a spiritual leader
- Find happiness in the darkest times
- Poem by a woman named Rosemary
- The art of losing
- Death of brother at the age of 50
- Find meaning in the suffering, loss and grief
- Working with hospice organizations
- Lessons from hospice facility
- Conversations with family on resilience
- Social Intelligence
- Cultivating great moments
- Accepting paradox enables us to grow
- Characteristics of a non resilient human being
- Correlation between resilience and mindfulness
- Grounded optimism
- and much more!
- The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life’s Hurdles
- Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- The Rosie Project: A Novel
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Carl Jung
- Megan McDonough
- Tal Ben Shahar
- Karen Reivich
- Andrew Shatté
- Brene Brown
- Bill Gates
- Viktor Frankl
- Louise Penny
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.