Tara Cousineau, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and author of The Kindness Cure: How the Science of Compassion Can Heal Your Heart and Your World. She currently works as a staff psychologist at Harvard University’s Counseling and Mental Health Center. She is trained in mind-body medicine from Harvard Medical School, is a certified mindfulness meditation teacher, and a facilitator of the Daring Way Method™ in practices of courage and resilience, based on the research by Dr. Brene Brown. She is devoted to bringing “kindfulness” practices to individuals, schools and workplaces. You may learn more at www.taracousineau.com
Disclaimer: Any advise dispensed in the interview is purely for educational purposes. The content here should not be taken as medical or mental health advice, and because each person is so unique, please consult your healthcare professional for any related questions.
Her course and meditation on the Insight Timer app: https://insighttimer.com/taracousineau
She is involved in a brand new initiative as a volunteer and is sponsored by Wisdom 2.0 called #votekindness https://votekindness.com/
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts , Spotify, Google Podcasts, Overcast, or on your favorite platform
Connect with Tara Cousineau :
Website | Twitter| Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
Stream the audio here
Questions I ask:
- As a clinical psychologist, how does mindfulness help you in your personal life?
- Is mindfulness suitable for a specific group of population, or anybody can practice that?
- Have you taught mindfulness to your children?
- Could you explain more on the negativity bias and how it can affect our wellbeing?
- Could you walk us through some of the kindness cure practices as part of your book or any other practice that can help our listeners to be more kind towards others and toward themselves?
- What is G.L.A.D. practice?
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates at my website nishantgarg.me, and please, please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too!