Michelle E. Dickinson is a passionate mental health advocate, a TED speaker, and a published author of a memoir entitled Breaking Into My Life. After years of playing the role of child caregiver, Michelle embarked on her own healing journey of self- discovery. Her memoir offers a rare glimpse into a young girl’s experience living with—and loving—her bipolar mother. Michelle spent years working to eradicate the mental health stigma within her own workplace by elevating compassion, causing more open conversations, and leading real change in how mental illness is understood in the workplace.
Michelle also knows first-hand what it feels like to struggle with a mental illness after experiencing her own depression due to challenging life events of her own just a few years ago. Michelle recently concluded her 19-year pharmaceutical career and became an entrepreneur. She has emerged from her own challenging life events with a strong desire to positively impact the mental health landscape within the First Responder community, the workplace and within local communities.
First Responder Mental Health: https://www.michelleedickinson.com/first-responder/
Free Chapter of Michelle’s Book: http://breakingintomylife.com/excerpt/
Connect with Michelle Dickinson:
Stream the audio here
Questions I ask:
- How do you define mental health? What causes mental health problems?
- How can we be aware of this before it becomes a bigger problem?
- Does children have mental health issues?
- What was your childhood like while giving care to your mother
- What is bipolar disorder?
- What did you think about the world and people while being a child caregiver? What makes a successful child and parent?
- What circumstance led to your depression? How can we identify? Can depression be utilized in a positive way?
- You are working towards helping first respondents. In what ways are you helping them? What’s your motivation to do this?
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates at my website nishantgarg.me, and please, please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too!