Vince Fakhoury Horn is part of a new generation of teachers, facilitators, & translators bringing dharma to life. A computer engineering dropout turned full-time contemplative, Vince spent his 20s co-founding the ground-breaking Buddhist Geeks podcast, while simultaneously doing a full year, in total, of silent retreat practice. Vincent began teaching in 2010 and has since been authorized in both the Pragmatic Dharma lineage of Kenneth Folk, and by Trudy Goodman, guiding teacher of InsightLA. Vince has been called a “power player of the mindfulness movement” by Wired magazine and was featured in Wired UK’s “Smart List: 50 people who will change the world.” He currently lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains outside of Asheville, North Carolina with his partner Emily Horn and their son Zander.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Psychedelic plants and compounds are illegal in many countries, and even possession can carry severe criminal penalties. None of this post constitutes medical advice or should be construed as a recommendation to use psychedelics. There are serious legal, psychological, and physical risks. Psychedelics are not for everyone—they can exacerbate certain emotional problems, and there have been, in very rare cases, fatalities.
Stream the audio here
- Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha: An Unusually Hardcore Dharma Book by Daniel Ingram
- The Spectrum of Consciousness by Ken Wilber
- One Taste by Ken Wilber
- Trudy Goodman
- Nicole Tetreault
- Emily West Horn
- Jack Kornfield
- Daniel Engram
- Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Ryan Oelke
- Kenneth Folk
- Ken Wilber
- How did you get into the gardening or how do you develop the passion of Gardening? How should people start from if they are new into gardening?
- Do you have a favorite book about gardening that comes to your mind?
- Do you have any personal favorite are challenging his story that he might want to share with us?
- What was your relationship like with your parents?
- Dealing with anger: what was the reason behind your anger issues?
- On parenting
- Generational Trauma
- What was your misunderstanding about meditation?
- Healing through meditations
- Social meditation, Noting meditation, and Concentration meditation
- How can we bring our awareness into present?
- What does Enlightenment mean to you?
- At what point in your life did you enter into therapy because you were already practicing meditation in your early twenties, in your teenage years and when therapy came into picture and why?
- Could you describe Buddhist geeks?
- I would ask you that when you started a podcast in 2006 and you started interviewing those amazing teachers, enlightened teachers – what were some of those questions you asked them that would have had the most impact on you?
- Can you define what is Dharma and what is integral Dharma?
- What books – it could be in Buddhism or in any area of life – that would have had the most impact on you and in your life?
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world-class experts to extract the practices, routines, and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any questions, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spam too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.