Mo Edjlali is the Chief Community Organizer of Mindful Leader, our mission is to enable people to foster the advancement of mindfulness and compassion in the workplace. He has served as a board member or advisor to multiple non-profits including Insight Meditation Community of Washington DC, Insight on the Inside, Minds Incorporated, Think Impact, Art for Humanity, and Hungry for Music.
Mo is a serial entrepreneur and has over 20 years of experience in management, technology, and marketing for start-ups, non-profits, F500 companies, and government agencies. He graduated with a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Virginia Tech. In his free time, he likes to go on toddler safe adventures, sometimes he takes his toddler, baby girl, and wife along too.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Stream the audio here
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness
- 10% Happier Revised Edition: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
- Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality | Anil Seth
- The Neuroscience of Consciousness – with Anil Seth
- Anil Seth: How your brain invents your “self” | TED
- Anil Seth: How We Build Perception from the Inside Out
- Being a beast machine | Anil Seth | TEDxSouthampton
Resources I read/listened to in the preparation of this interview:
- Tell us about your upbringing. Where did you grow?
- What does it like to be living in Tehran, Iran? If somebody visiting there? What are the first few days look like over there?
- What’s your relationship with poetry in your life?
- How did you enter into the mindfulness? What events were leading up to?
- Is there any difference between meditation and contemplative practice?
- Could you also share more about your inner state of being after your company collapsed?
- When somebody goes through any crisis, do you give any advice or do you have something to say for people who might be going through any sort of crisis in their life?
- Asking questions of “what’s really important” in the times of crisis.
- Do you have practices along with meditation to uncover unconscious beliefs?
- If you want to ask feedback from your friends or anybody, we can ask them -” what is it that you have been wanting to tell me and I’m not wanting to hear that.” It’s a tough question to ask. It might be challenging for a lot of people.
- What does your current meditation practice look like?
- If anyone has not attended multi-day long retreats. What are the best ways to explore the retreats within the US or outside the US?
- What is your current leadership style?
- Your grandmother passed away recently, and I believe you were very close with her. How did you process or how are you still processing grief and sad emotion?
- How do you think about raising your children about their upbringing and instilling positive and resilient model in them?
- I want to ask you about the books and resources that have helped you so far.If you could share some of those resources with us, or book names?
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world-class experts to extract the practices, routines, and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any questions, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spam too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.