“Here in this body are the sacred rivers. Here are the sun and moon as well as all the pilgrimage places. I have not encountered another temple as blissful as my own body.“
Marla Mervis-Hartmann is the the creator of Love Your Body Love Yourself. After years of struggling with her own dysfunctional body-relationship, Marla has transformed her experiences into services to help women discover honor and find appreciation for their bodies. As a professional Marla, has been featured at TEDx Salinas. She was the leading body image expert and Reiki Master at Journey Malibu, a Drug/Alcohol rehabilitation center.
Marla has followed her passion for women’s health down many paths of study including women’s sexual wellness; postpartum care; Restore Your Core educator; Tantra teacher certification; Yoga teacher training, and massage therapy. This collected body of knowledge shines through in her offerings of Love Your Body Love Yourself. In all of her work, Marla is devoted to empowering women to feel good about themselves and to live the life they desire.
She lives in LA with her husband and son where she works full-time as a professional coach, speaker, facilitator and Living Light Reiki Master and Teacher.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or on your favorite platform.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Marla:
Website | Instagram | Facebook | TedTalk | Youtube
Stream the audio here
- Body-Love Meditation
- Get out of Your head and Into Your Body
- Peace with Food and Body Confidence Group
- Could you tell us what is over-exercising? What is the difference between just exercising and overexercising?
- How did you listen to your voice to stop overexercising?
- Would you say that your pregnancy was your turning point?
- How do we cultivate the skill of listening to our body?
- How can we practice this moving meditation?
- What is your favorite music that you listen to?
- How can I love my body? Could you give me some practices?
- What was your self-talk when you were overeating and overexercising ?
- What practices and frameworks you developed or adopted cultivate positive self-talk and move forward in a positive way in your life?
- It looks like you found some secret recipe to feeling good.Could you reveal that secret to us?
- What is the first step to get started on this journey to realize that you’re worthy to do the work?
- Did your lack of self worth towards your body and not loving yourself showed up in different areas of your life as well?
- Why do you think we obsess over food and body?
- And, much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world class experts to extract the practices, routines and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are: a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.