“Your worth is not measured by your productivity”.
“Let go or be dragged”
Dr. Jacinta M. Jiménez (also known as “Dr. J”) is an award-winning Psychologist and Board-Certified Leadership Coach with a 15+ year career dedicated to the betterment of leaders. She has worked with individuals in top organizations in Silicon Valley and throughout the world. A graduate of Stanford University as well as the PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium, Dr. J is a sought-after expert in bridging the fields of psychology and leadership. She contributes to national news and TV outlets, including CNN/HLN, Business Insider, Forbes, Fast Company, Oprah, and Bloomberg.
As the former Global Head of Coaching at BetterUp, she was a key leader in the development of ground-breaking science-backed coaching approaches for helping today’s top organizations, while also leading a global community of 1500+ international Leadership Coaches in over 58 countries. Her new book, The Burnout Fix, covers the topic of resilience, sustainable success, and peak performance at work. Dr. J holds a certificate in Diversity & Inclusion from Cornell University and provides consultation on topics related to this important topic as well.
Check out her new book: The Burnout Fix: Overcome Overwhelm, Beat Busy, and Sustain Success in the New World of Work
Listen to this episode on YouTube.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Jacinta:
Stream the audio here
- Jack Kornfield
- Kristen Neff
- David Burns
- Christina Maslach
- Barbara Fredrickson
- Dalai Lama
- Scott Shute
- I really enjoyed reading about about your grandmother, Mary, on the importance of education through empowerment. So she worked as a maid at a roadside hotel, and she would write you so many letters during your education in your college times. And she would send you a dollar five and she would send you letters. And I’m curious to ask you, what did she write in those letters?
- While I was reading about you and your work, I found that your parents migrated from Mexico and nobody was having proper education in your family. So how did you get into this Education where you studied psychology, you have come from a science background. So how you became so different from other family members in terms of education?
- What was your relationship with your parents?
- How old were you when your parents were teaching you about character education?
- Do you remember any memorable story from your summer time?
- How do you connect with nature now? And what is your relationship with nature these days?
- When you are in nature – what emotions and feelings does it generate inside of you?
- Do you have any formal gratitude practice to do it too? On a daily basis or on a weekly basis?
- What did you write on the card and put it in the jar last time, if you remember?
- Are you comfortable talking about your surgery? How did you boost your resilience in those tough times?
- What were your resilient practices that were keeping you sane?
- Who was your support system during writing your book and your during surgery times?
- What are your favorite quotes that you enjoy in your life?
- What’s the difference between stress and burnout?
- Discussing book “The Burn out fix”
- A lot of people think burnout is. From overworking to the point of exhaustion, but really what research has found, especially incredible research of Christina Maslach lab, that there’s these six mismatches that lead to distress. So overwork, maybe one of the causes of the mismatch, but there’s also other causes that can cause someone prolonged stress. And if it’s not identified and managed, then it could lead to burnout.
- What are your personal micro moments of replenishment ?
- Did you ever find challenge in practicing self-compassion?
- During the times of practicing self compassion, we don’t have to worry about the productivity and all these hacks. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
- When you think about successful, who is that person that comes through your mind and why?
- And, much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world class experts to extract the practices, routines and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are: a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.