Nina Paul is a mindfulness instructor for adults and teens. She has taught workshops in Virginia, led courses for teens in the Fairfax County school system, and is a Lecturer of Mindfulness at the George Washington University in Washington, DC, working with college students, staff, and faculty to incorporate fundamentals of mindfulness into their everyday lives.
Nina has received training in Mindfulness through UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center, Mindful Schools, the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction -Teens (MBSR-T) program, and the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine. She is trained to teach mindfulness to youth through the .b Mindfulness for Teens Curriculum certification (UK), Mindful Schools K-12th curriculum training and MINDS INC’s High School Mindfulness Curriculum Training. Nina is also a Practitioner in Training through the EFT Universe.
Also available to listen on YouTube
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Nina:
Stream the audio here
- Full Catastrophe Living (Revised Edition): Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness
- Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life
- The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It
- John Kabat-Zinn
- Sharon Salzberg
- Jack Kornfield
- Dawson Church
- Martin Seligman
- Dr. Kelly McGonigal
- Rick Hanson
Resource: Emotional Freedom Technique Certification by Dawson Church
- Between the period of 1994 and 1997, you were working as a Montessori teacher, educating children on being aware of their bodies to understand themselves.Could you elaborate on that experience of yourself?
- How did you raise your own children and what was your parenting style?
- How old were you when you entered into therapy?
- After you went into therapy, what changes or breakthroughs did you observe in your own self?
- What advice would you give to someone who maybe looking for a therapist?
- At what point in your life did you enter into mindfulness space?
- What was the underlying cause of your anxiety and distress? Was there any childhood connection?
- I want to touch upon healing modalities. You have been in therapy for a while. So what different healing modalities have you tried or practiced on your own?
- How do we practice Emotional Freedom Tapping(EFT) technique?
- Could you describe about your meditation practice now? How much time do you spend in your meditation every day?
- You mentioned that you manage your stress well now. What is your relationship with stress?
- You are also an emotional resilience coach. So how do you help people?
- You are also a lecturer of mindfulness at the George Washington university in Washington, DC. So what does a lecturer of mindfulness do?
- Could you recommend some resources in terms of books, blogs, or online resources to live a calm better life?
- And, much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world class experts to extract the practices, routines and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are: a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.