“It is one thing to awaken. It is another thing to remain awake.“– Raj
Raj Sisodia was born in India and spent parts of his childhood in Barbados, California and Canada. He was educated as an electrical engineer from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS, Pilani). He pursued an MBA in Marketing from the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai after which he earned a Ph.D. in Marketing and Business Policy from Columbia University.
Until 1998, he was the Director of Executive Programs and Associate Professor of Marketing at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. From 1985 to 1988, he was Assistant Professor of Marketing at Boston University.
He also spent 15 years at Bentley University as Trustee Professor of Marketing, Department Chair and founder/director of the Center for Marketing Technology. Raj is a trustee of Conscious Capitalism Inc. and a member of the board of directors of The Container Store. He has consulted with and taught executive programs for numerous companies, including AT&T, Nokia, LG, DPDHL, POSCO, Kraft Foods, Whole Foods Market, Tata, Siemens, Sprint, Volvo, IBM, Walmart, Rabobank, McDonalds and Southern California Edison.
Raj is an American citizen residing in Boston, Massachusetts. Raj has published ten books and over 100 academic articles. His work has been featured in the Wall Street journal, The New York Times, Fortune, Financial Times, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe,CNBC and many other media outlets.
Also, you can listen on YouTube
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Raj:
Stream the audio here
- The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World
- Conscious Capitalism Field Guide: Tools for Transforming Your Organization
- Could you tell us the meaning of your first name to our listeners?
- Could you share one of your memorable childhood moments?
- You lived abroad between the age of 7 and 12 and then moved back to India, how was the culture shock for you and how did you adapt to the changing environments?
- Did you have a good relationship with your father?
- Blend of Feminine and Masculine energy
- You mentioned that your dad wanted to you to be something else. What was that?
- How do you find the balance between loving and striving to have more in your own personal life and personal relationships?
- What are the concrete practices you have in an everyday life to cultivate more of healthy masculinity and be more self aware and awakened?
- You went for a shamanic experience, you also went to a silent retreat in upstate New York. And then you also went to a spiritual journey in the Himalayas. When was it? Could you double click on all of these experiences and share with us?
- what does healing mean to now?
- When you were going through the spiritual awakening and multiple dimensions of healing, what was your inner voice at that time? What were you telling yourself? Any self-talk that you remember?
- What do you do in the first 60 to 90 minutes of your waking up in the morning?
- Writing process
- Could you give us a small concrete example of mind mapping that you have used recently in your writing?
- Not everybody can have access to you and Michael Gelb. So could you tell us some resources on mind mapping that we can go and learn more about it?
- You have coauthored a lot of your books with other amazing writers? So are there some principles, rules, structure, frameworks to write a book with another human being?
- What did Michael tell you to just trust your instincts?
- What do you mean by words coming from soul versus words coming from the consciousness?
- Why Jag Sheth is your mentor and what qualities does he have that you seek him as your mentor?
- what is the specific impact you want to leave on this world?
- And, much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world class experts to extract the practices, routines and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are: a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.