“The state of mind of the wine drinker has a lot more to do with the enjoyment of the wine than the wine itself.”-Cindy
Cindy Vuu is the CEO of an 8000 employees company Bitis, it’s a national heritage footwear brand in Vietnam. The brand is so well-known there that nearly all Vietnamese have likely worn Bitis shoes at some point in their lives. Cindy also is known for driving the successful comeback of company amidst the fierce foreign brand competition. Much of this comeback is attributed to the marketing campaign of the Bitis Hunter line in 2017. By collaborating with massive Vietnamese musical artist and promoting a message seeped in mindfulness and connection, the initiative transformed the brand back up to its current top spot as Vietnam’s #1 footwear company. Cindy is passionate for shoes. She also loves to contribute & create a happy, loving, compassionate and green community.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Connect with Cindy:
Stream the audio here
- The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
- Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Old Path White Clouds: Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha
Resources that helped me in the preparation
- Cindy Vuu | Now Is the Time to Become a More Compassionate Leader
- How to Deliver Criticism So Employees Pay Attention
- 17 Books the World’s Most Successful CEOs Are Currently Reading
- 5 Books That Will Instantly Give You a PhD in Productivity
- A Former FBI Negotiator Says These Are The 3 Secrets To Getting What You Want
- How do you pronounce your name in Vietnamese?
- When did he go to Canada to study and what subjects did you study?
- Why do you recommend these two books – The Art of happiness and Old path white cloud?
- Could you share a story of your struggle before reading the book – the art of happiness?
- What did you learn or could you share any conversation with Dalai Lama? And, how did you meet him?
- Would you mind describing the law of interdependence?
- Could you describe impermanence and its role in the arena of Buddhism?
- Your husband died and I’m sorry to hear that. Are you comfortable talking about what happened and how did you deal with the circumstances and grief process?
- How do you practice unconditional love?
- Do you have any advice to our listeners to practice unconditional love? How can we practice more of this?
- Could you guide us about your journaling process? Is it based on some set of questions or free flow?
- Difference between mindfulness and mindfulness meditation?
- Could you tell us some of the resources on the internet or in the form of books to really get us started on meditation?
- The holiness, Dalai Lama says that the purpose of life is to be happy. They have attained that level of enlightenment but for common people like you and me and others, how do we get to that level? Or how do we understand the basic foundation of happiness?
- What makes a good life? What could be the basics of living a good life?
- What is it like to live in Vietnam in terms of culture, society, food?
- You are the CEO of a footwear brand company bitis. And you are talking about the challenges and the fun part. Could you share any example of your recent challenges in this company?
- Being the CEO of a 8,000 employees company – how did you deal with your own mental health and state of mind during COVID?
- What are your roles and responsibilities as the CEO? What does a normal day look like in your professional world?
- What are the misconceptions that people have about the roles and responsibilities of a CEO of a successful company?
- How do you deal with criticism and negative feedback?
- What is the right way to give feedback?
- and much more
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world class experts to extract the practices, routines and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are: a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.