The quality of our relationships determines the quality of our lives.Esther Perel
I am very fascinated by learning new things about love, relationships, sex, and how the quality of our life shapes when we cultivate deep and rich relationships with ourselves and others. I am deeply in love with the work of Esther Perel.
These are some of the resources by Esther Perel I read, listened to, recently which I enjoyed immensely and helped me in gaining a better understanding of myself and connecting with others. I will keep on sharing my other learnings on relationships. Now, please enjoy. If these resources help you in some ways, I’d love to hear about your experiences. Please feel free to email me or comment on this post.
[Disclaimer: I don’t have a personal contact with Esther yet, nor has she been on my podcast yet. I am always inspired to share my learnings with others and this is my way of sharing and giving back]
Esther Perel is a Psychotherapist and New York Times bestselling author. Recognized as one of today’s most insightful and original voices on modern relationships. Fluent in nine languages, she helms a therapy practice in New York City and serves as an organizational consultant for Fortune 500 companies around the world. Her celebrated TED talks have garnered more than 20 million views and her international bestseller Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence became a global phenomenon translated into 25 languages. Her newest book is the New York Times bestseller The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity (HarperCollins). Esther is also an executive producer and host of the popular podcast Where Should We Begin
Blogs I read:
- Rituals For Healthy Relationships At Every Stage: Routines are concrete repetitive actions that help us develop skills while creating continuity and order. They ground us and create familiarity. Rituals, on the other hand, are routines that are elevated by creativity, driven by intention, and imbued with meaning.
- How Erotic Thinking Helps Emotional Connection: Freedom and security are twin faces of the same coin. Eroticism isn’t inherently sexual; it’s an experience of aliveness which beats back deadness. Creativity is where Eroticism lives. Trying something new—especially something creative—is a great way to jumpstart emotional connection.
- Coping With Loneliness Around The Holidays: Feeling lonely around the holidays can make us feel as if something is wrong with us. Everybody else seems to know how to be happy, how to be together, how to be festive, merry, and bright. But feeling lonely around the winter holidays is extremely common. And even more so during this year of isolation.
Podcasts I listened to:
- Esther Perel: Building Resilient Relationships: How do we build more trusting and empathetic relationships, even during a crisis? This hour, therapist Esther Perel shares ideas on creating lasting bonds in romance, family, and at work.
- Esther Perel and Debbie Millman Interview : Esther Perel explores the fascinating design of marriage, modern intimacy and relationships—and the complex dynamics of infidelity. Debbie talks to therapist and author Esther Perel about marriage, polyamory, and adultery.
- Tim Ferriss interview with Esther Perel: The Relationship Episode: Sex, Love, Polyamory, Marriage, and More (with Esther Perel) (#241)
- Tim Ferriss interview with Esther Perel: Intimacy, Emotional Baggage, Relationship Longevity, and More – Esther Perel (#271)
Audio book I enjoy on my walk: Esther Perel’s Where Should We Begin?: The Arc of Love: Esther Perel invites you to listen to private and intimate conversations exploring the evolution of relationships. Hear six sets of people at different points in their quest for romantic and familial love, and much more
Transcript I read: Esther Perel: Building Resilient Relationships
You can also supplement this post with my 2 podcast interviews on love and relationships:
- Katherine Woodward Thomas — Conscious Uncoupling, Effects of Attachment and Childhood Wounds, Calling in “The One”, Deeper Dimensions of Relational Patterns, and More (#188)
- Daphne Rose Kingma — Finding True Love, Coming Apart, Why Relationships End, Living Through Crisis, and More (#150)
I hope you enjoyed reading and learning from this blog as much as I enjoyed it!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, and Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement. For any questions, please contact me. If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. S
This podcast is brought to you by Friday Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!