Dr. Tara Well is a psychology professor at Barnard College, Columbia University where she developed a mirror-based meditation called “a revelation” in the New York Times. She has taught hundreds of people how to use the mirror to awaken self-compassion, manage emotions, and improve face-to-face communication. In 2017, she started the blog “The Clarity” in Psychology Today blog which now has 900K readers. Her recent TEDx Talk explains why mirrors and reflections are vital for managing stress and staying emotionally connected to ourselves and to others in the age of increasing reliance on digital technology.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts , Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Overcast, or on your favorite platform
Connect with Dr. Tara Well:
Website | Twitter| LinkedIn| Facebook | Instagram
Stream the audio here
Some questions I ask:
How did you become Mirror gazing expert?
- What does this mirror gazing practice look like?
- Do you think this mirror meditation can help people in developing a better self image?
- How does this meditation differ from others?
- Can we incorporate mirror meditation with other practices?
- Video journaling?
- How do you motivate yourself during tough times during the stressful times?
- How to cultivate self-acceptance?
- and much more!
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about extracting information on Mindfulness, Personal Development, Spirituality. I am on a mission to spread Mindfulness and I’d love for you to join me in this movement.
For any question, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates at my website nishantgarg.me, and please, please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me.
You won’t be spammed! I hate spams too!