“Sports is a compressed form of life.”
“Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal.”Jim Loehr
Jim Loehr is Chairman, CEO, and co-founder of the Human Performance Institute, a training company that has successfully utilized energy management technology to improve the productivity and engagement levels of elite performers from the world of business, sport, medicine, and law enforcement for over 30 years.
Dr. Jim Loehr is a world-renowned performance psychologist, whose ground-breaking, science-based energy management training system has achieved worldwide recognition. Dr. Loehr has worked with hundreds of world-class performers from the arenas of sport, business, medicine, and law enforcement, including Fortune 100 executives, FBI Hostage Rescue Teams, and military Special Forces.
He’s the author of 17 books, including his most recent, Leading with Character, which also comes with The Personal Credo Journal: A Companion to Leading with Character. He also co-authored the national bestseller The Power of Full Engagement.
From his more than 30 years of experience and applied research, Dr. Loehr believes the single most important factor in successful achievement, personal fulfillment, and life satisfaction is the strength of one’s character. He strongly contends that character strength can be built in the same way that muscle strength is built—through energy investment.
This podcast is brought to you by Newsletter. If you’d like to learn more about what I am reading, new documentaries, what I am learning new, recent podcast updates, things I am experimenting with, or anything —which I share extensively in my weekly short and sweet “Friday Newsletter”. No spam ever! I hate that too!
Stream the audio here
Resources helped in the interview preparation:
- Dr. Jim Loehr: Why Leading with Character Matters (Ep #89)
- The 16 Second Cure with Dr. Jim Loehr – MENTAL TOUGHNESS Training for Youth Tennis
- Energy vs. Time – Human Performance Institute
- The Power of Full Engagement
- Leading with Character
- Mental Toughness Training for Sports: Achieving Athletic Excellence
- What is your favorite sport?
- At what age did you start playing tennis? What have you learned in the game of tennis?
- Do you have any spiritual practice on a regular basis?
- If you had known about a spiritual dimension in your work about 20, 30 years ago – do you think you could have trained athletes in different ways?
- You have worked with many different clients in baseball, football, golf, medicine, military. When you didn’t have a spiritual dimension in your training, what practices did you suggest to your clients in the past to perform under high stress situations?
- When you were 16 year old, you were working in cemetery and crematorium. Can you share that story with us?
- What characteristic values do you embody now? What are your characteristic traits?
- You share an exercise with the participants in your training, where you ask them to let six words describe them what they are the best version of themselves. And then six more words they believe would be inscribed on the Tombstones. So, Jim, what six words you would write to describe yourself as best?
- What are your grateful for these days?
- Discussing book The power of Full Engagment and Leading with Character.
- 10 minutes a day journaling for a brilliant legacy
- How do you suggest to make decisions based on the values?
- Do you recall any bad decision in your recent years? And when you go back in those years and realize that he could have made better decisions?
- Mental toughness training – what are the principles and fundamentals behind mental toughness?
- When you work with executives and sport athletes, do you work in their traumatic events in life as well?
- What is the impact you want to leave on this world?
The Nishant Garg Show:
This show is about helping you live a fulfilled life and my job on this show is to sit with the world-class experts to extract the practices, routines, and habits to help you live a fulfilled and abundant life. For any questions, please contact me.
If you have enjoyed listening to my podcasts, please subscribe to the new podcast updates on Itunes please provide your reviews on Itunes which will really help me. Subscribe to the Newsletter. You won’t be spammed! I hate spam too! You will receive only one email every Friday on the latest published podcasts.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in growing this little show. I also love reading reviews! Instructions are a)If you’re on an iPhone, simply scroll down to “Reviews” inside the Podcasts app. b) If you’re on a desktop, click on “Listen on Apple Podcasts” under “The Nishant Garg Show.” Once inside iTunes, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and you’re set.